Land Bank of the Philippines
The Land Bank of the Philippines is a government financial institution that strikes a balance in fulfilling its social mandate of promoting countryside development while remaining financially viable.
This dual function makes LANDBANK unique. The profits derived from its commercial banking operations are used to finance the Bank's developmental programs and initiatives.
Over the years, LANDBANK has successfully managed this tough balancing act as evidenced by the continued expansion of its loan portfolio in favor of its priority sectors: the small farmers and fishers, a good part of which are agrarian reform beneficiaries; micro and SMEs; agri- and aqua-projects of local government units and government-owned and controlled corporations; communications, transportation, housing, education, health care, environment-related projects, tourism, and utilities.
LANDBANK is by far the largest formal credit institution in the rural areas. It also ranks among the top five commercial banks in the country in terms of deposits, assets and loans.
Products / Services
LANDBANK PRODUCTS AND SERVICES
(For more information about LANDBANK’s products and services, visit www.landbank.com)
1. DEPOSIT PRODUCTS
LANDBANK offers a wide array of deposit products to meet the banking needs and requirements of different types of customers. Available in LANDBANK branches are the following:
• Regular Passbook Savings Account
• US Dollar Savings Account
• US Dollar Time Deposit
• Easy US Dollar Pension
• Euro Savings Account
• Euro Time Deposit Account
• High Yield US Dollar Time Deposit (HYUSDTD)
• Auto-Save Deposit Account
• Overseas Filipino (OF) Deposit Account
• Regular Current Account
• ATM Savings Account
• Current Account with ATM Access
• Peso Earning Access & Sure Yield (EASY) Check
• Peso Earning Access & Sure Yield (EASY) Check with ATM Access
• Regular Peso Time Deposit
• Easy Savings Plus (ESP)
• High Yield Savings Account (HYSA)
2. E-BANKING PRODUCTS AND SERVICES
LANDBANK continues to introduce value-added services to its electronic banking facilities and develop new products to further improve customer service, save on operational costs and promote inclusivity.
• iAccess (Retail Internet Banking Facility)
• E-Tax Payment System (eTPS)
• LANDBANK Credit Card
• Electronic Modified Disbursement System (eMDS)
• LANDBANK Mobile Banking Application (MBA)
• LANDBANK Link.BizPortal
• Cash Deposit Machine (CDM)
• weAccess (Institutional Internet Banking Facility)
• LANDBANK e-Card
• LANDBANK Cash Card
• LANDBANK ATM Regular Card
• LANDBANK Visa Debit Card
• Easy Padala
• LANDBANK Phone Access
• Globe G-Cash
• Radio Frequency Identification Card (RFID) Card
3. LOAN PRODUCTS
Through the years, LANDBANK has successfully carried out its social mandate of countryside development alongside financial viability. LANDBANK continues to exert greater focus on directing its loans to programs and projects that help accelerate growth, generate employment, and revitalize local economies, especially in the countryside.
I. AGRI LOANS
o Agricultural Competitiveness Enhancement Fund (ACEF)
- Through Republic Act No. 10848 or the Agricultural Competitiveness Enhancement Fund (ACEF) Extension Law, LANDBANK is mandated to manage the credit component of the ACEF. The ACEF is a special purpose fund which consists of all duties collected from the importation of agricultural products under the Minimum Access Volume (MAV) mechanism pursuant to the Agricultural Tariffication Act (R.A. No. 8178).
- In coordination with the Department of Agriculture (DA), LANDBANK shall extend credit, with minimal requirements and interest rates, to individual farmers and fishers, agri-cooperatives, associations, and micro and small enterprises to improve their productivity and income.
o LBP-SRA Socialized Credit Program under the Sugarcane Industry Development Act (SIDA)
- A program implemented pursuant to the Sugarcane Industry Development Act (SIDA) of 2015 or RA 10659 to introduce better and cost-efficient sugarcane farming practices, improve sugarcane productivity and increase the incomes of sugarcane farms/planters and farm workers
o Expanded Rice Credit Assistance under Rice Competitiveness Enhancement Fund (ERCA-RCEF)
- A credit facility created pursuant to RA 11203 or the Rice Tariffication Law that aims to help increase the productivity of rice farmers and their cooperatives by providing financial assistance to rice-related projects such as rice production, acquisition and establishment of agricultural production and processing facilities, and farm improvement
o Assistance to Restore and Install Sustainable Enterprises for Agrarian Reform Beneficiaries and Small Farm Holders (ARISE-ARBs) Program
- A program tie-up between LANDBANK and Department of Agrarian Reform (DAR) which provides financing as support to disaster affected agrarian reform beneficiaries (ARBs)/small farm holders (SFHs) and their families to restore livelihood and farming activities
o Accessible Funds for the Delivery to ARBs (AFFORD-ARBs) Program
- An enhanced lending program in partnership with the Department of Agrarian Reform (DAR), which caters to individual ARBs for their production of rice, corn and high value crops and acquisition of small farm implements
o Agricultural Production Credit Program (APCP)
- A program tie-up among the Department of Agriculture (DA), Department of Agrarian Reform (DAR), Department of Environment and Natural Resources (DENR), Agricultural Credit Policy Council (ACPC) and LANDBANK which provides financial assistance and other support services to ARBs and their household members, through their respective organizations or through other conduits, for their agricultural production and other agri-enterprise projects.
o Credit Assistance Program – Program Beneficiaries Development (CAP-PBD)
- A joint program of LANDBANK and DAR which provides credit assistance to ARBs through their respective organizations to support their crop production, agri-enterprise and livelihood project. The program is coupled with support alongside institutional, enterprise and capacity development for the intended beneficiaries.
o Masustansyang Inumin Para sa Likas na Kalusugan (MILK)
- A program tie-up with the National Dairy Authority (NDA) under the DA and LANDBANK to provide financial and technical support to small farmer co-ops, federations, SMEs, large agribusiness enterprises, and rural/cooperative/thrift banks to support dairy production, processing, marketing and other dairy-based economic activities.
o PAlay Alay sa Magsasaka ng Lalawigan (PALAy ng Lalawigan)
- The Program aims to assist rice farmers by enabling the local government units to procure palay produced by local farmers to help cushion the effects of the drop in the farm gate price of palay in the regions.
o Sikat Saka Program (SSP)
- This is a special program jointly established by LANDBANK and the DA which provides credit directly to small palay farmers in 45 major rice-producing provinces and corn farmers in 11 major corn-producing provinces. It also offers integrated support services to the farmer beneficiaries in terms of marketing, free irrigation, crop insurance and trainings which enhance the program’s sustainability.
o Survival and Recovery Assistance Lending Program (SURE Aid Program)
- The Program aims to provide immediate one-time zero-interest, no collateral loan of P15,000 (net) to eligible rice farmers whose incomes were affected by the drop in the price of palay in 2019, either through direct lending or through service conduits (farmer’s cooperatives and associations).
o Upland Southern Mindanao Credit and Institutional Building Program (USM-CIBP)
- The Program is a tie-up between the DA-ACPC and LANDBANK which provides institutional capacity building and credit services to organization/institutions serving the upland areas of Southern Mindanao, particularly in the identified USM-CIBP areas.
o Agri-Mechanization Financing Program
- The Program provides credit assistance to promote mechanization of production and post-production processes from planting-harvesting-processing to increase efficiency, reduce postharvest losses and lower cost of production.
o Climate Resilient Agriculture Financing Program
- A program that promotes climate change adaptation initiatives towards climate resilient agriculture
o Coconut Production and Processing Financing (Coco-Financing) Program
- A program that provides credit assistance to coconut industry stakeholders engaged in production and processing
o Empowering Barangays in Remote Areas Through Credit and Enterprises (EMBRACE)
- The Program is designed to assist individual borrowers in unserved areas in line with the Government’s thrust for financial inclusion and in pursuit of the Bank’s mandate.
o Farm Tourism Financing Program
- Farm Tourism is the practice of attracting visitors and tourist to farm areas for production, educational, and recreational purposes which involves any agricultural or fishery-based operation or activity and may also provide a venue for outdoor recreation and accessible family outings.
o Financing Program for Greenhouse Farming System
- The Program extends support to the financial requirements of farmers’ organizations and other agri-entrepreneurs in their shift towards modern farming system through the adoption of greenhouse technology.
o Harnessing Agribusiness opportunities through Robust and Vibrant Entrepreneurship Supportive of peaceful Transformation (HARVEST)
- An ODA program that provides support to the peace-building efforts in the BARMM and conflict-affected areas in Mindanao, through the promotion of value-chain, increase in agri-business investments and generation of jobs
o Poultry Lending Program
- The Program aims to support the poultry industry stakeholders such as Cooperatives, Individual/Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) and Agri-Business Enterprises and Corporations
o Sulong Saka Program
- The Program extends credit assistance to various qualified stakeholders to support their production, processing, marketing and other agribusiness projects and to contribute to the overall effort of the government in generating employment and pursuing the attainment of inclusive growth in the countryside.
o Sustainable Aquaculture Lending Program (SALP)
- The Program caters to fisheries anchored on institutional buyers or processing/canning companies linked with small fishers, micro, small and medium enterprises (MSMEs) as growers or suppliers.
o Sugar Financing Program
- The Program provides credit assistance to sugar industry stakeholders along the sugarcane value chain.
o Young Entrepreneurs from School to Agriculture Program (Yes! To Agriculture Program or YESAP)
- This program promotes agri-entrepreneurship among the youth through the provision of credit and other support services. It also aims to encourage enterprising young individuals to prioritize farming and agri-business enterprise.
II. NON-AGRI LOANS
o Housing and Opportunities Made Easy (HOME) Loan Program
- The LANDBANK HOME Program is a lending program that caters to both homebuyers and home developers:
o Easy Home Loan (EHL) Program
- EHL Program allows individual home buyers to purchase residential units, house and lot or construction of residential building on a lot owned by the borrower or to refinance current and existing home loan from other banks, financing firms or developers’ in-house financing
o Developer’s End Buyers Financing Tie-up
- This program allows clients to buy their homes through an accredited developer. It also allows developers to grow their business by supporting their clients’ home acquisition after an accreditation process.
o Bahay sa Bagong Bayani (3-B) Program
- A special lending program for Overseas Filipino Workers (OFWs) which allows them to purchase townhouse, condominium unit, lot, house and lot or construction/improvement of residential building on a lot owned by the borrower or to refinance current and existing home loans from other banks, financing firms or developers’ in-house financing
o Housing Project Developers Financing
- This is a financing program that allows real estate developers to access credit for the development of purely residential subdivision, condominium buildings and integrated housing communities. It also allows financing for the working capital requirements of developers.
o Mortgage Loan
- Credit facility available for eligible clients to make use of their real estate property as loan security to a multi-purpose loan from the Bank.
o Electronic Salary Loan (eSL) – (formerly LANDBANK Mobile Loan Saver – LMLS)
- A new electronic-based salary loan product of LANDBANK that offers eligible employees of government agencies and private institutions with a facility to apply for salary loan, inquire loan details, inquire loan payment history and conduct loan payment through LANDBANK’s electronic banking channels such as the Mobile Banking Application (MBA) and receive notifications through SMS or e-mail.
o Partner Financial Institutions-Additional Credit for Countryside Outreach and Rural Development (PFI-ACCORD) Program
- Provides a short-term loan line to eligible partner financial institutions (PFIs), i.e., cooperatives, rural/cooperative/thrift banks and non-government organizations with legal personality to borrow) to augment the PFIs credit funds for lending activities to small farmers and fishers, micro, small and medium enterprises and agri-business enterprises
o Countryside Financial Institutions Enhancement Program – 2020 Calamity Assistance Program (CFIEP – 2020 CAP)
- Provides additional working capital to Cooperative Banks, Rural Banks, Thrift Banks, in partnership with the Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas and the Philippine Deposit Insurance Company (PDIC). The program aims to help them restore operational cash flows and continue lending, most especially to small farmers and fishers.
o Help via Emergency Loan Assistance for LGUs (HEAL) Lending Program
- Provides assistance to local government units to help them purchase and deliver immediate goods and services to support their constituents during the COVID-19 pandemic. The Bank allotted P10 billion under emergency funding for provincial, city, and municipal governments.
o Restoration and Invigoration Package for Self-Sufficient Economy towards UPGrowth for LGUs (RISE UP LGUs) Lending Program
- In partnership with the Union Local of Authorities of the Philippines (ULAP), League of Provinces of the Philippines (LPP), League of Cities of the Philippines (LCP) and the League of Municipalities of the Philippines (LMP), the program helps local government units revitalize and develop a stronger local economy that can withstand future crises, with a P10 billion fund allocation.
o Interim Rehabilitation Support to Cushion Unfavorably- affected Enterprises by COVID-19 (I-RESCUE)
- I-RESCUE is LANDBANK’s support program for the SMEs, cooperatives, and microfinance institutions (MFIs) which are affected by the economic impact of the CoVid-19 pandemic to the country. The program will provide interim measures to help SMEs, co-ops and MFIs through the provision of additional funds and by loan restructuring under more flexible terms and conditions.
o Interim Rehabilitation Support to Cushion Unfavorably- affected Enterprises by COVID-19 (I-RESCUE) for Better Urban Services Transport (BUS)
- I-RESCUE BUS Program aims to provide financing to Public Utility Bus (PUB) operators for the acquisition of modern PUBs. Eligible borrowers under this program include public transport cooperatives or corporations who are members of the consortium selected for the Metro Manila Bus Modernization Program.
o LBP Calamity Assistance and Rehabilitation Support (CARES) Program
- A rehabilitation assistance program that is made available to various Bank’s existing and new customers for them to recover from the destruction brought about by calamities. Client can avail this program within two years from the date the area is declared under the state of calamity by the Office of the President or Local Government Unit (LGU)
o Metro Manila Waste Water Management Project (MWMP)
- This is a relending program to support Maynilad Water Services Inc. (MWSI) and Manila Water Co., Inc. (MWCI) to increase their coverage of wastewater collection and septage management, which will contribute towards improving the environment in Metro Manila and help improve the water quality in Manila Bay.
o Bringing Urbanization and Innovations Thru LANDBANK’s Diverse Engineering Resources Support (BUILDERS) Program
- LANDBANK’s contribution to the Public-Private Partnership program of the National Government that provides contractors in the Philippines the needed working fund in ensuring completion of awarded projects and/or pursue expansion of existing businesses
o LANDBANK Lending Program for Economic Zone Developers
- Credit facility for developers of economic zones
o Local Government Unit (LGUs) Lending Program
- A loan program that aims to provide any LGU with credit facilities to finance local infrastructure and other socio-economic development projects in accordance with the approved local development plan and public investment program
o Sustainable Multi-dimensional Approach using Revolutionized Technologies (SMART) in City Development Lending Program
- A lending program which aims to provide financial support to cities, highly urbanized LGUs, SMEs, Corporations, Cooperatives, NGOs, GOCCs and viable enterprises for the development/adoption of digital infrastructures and applications aimed at improving the quality of life living in the city/highly urbanized LGUs and in attaining environmental sustainability and making the city economically competitive
o Bringing Inclusive Growth in Every Household through National Electrification Support Services (BRIGHTNESS)
- A financing assistance to qualified Electric Cooperatives and wholesale power aggregators that complements RA 9136 otherwise known as the Electric Power Industry Reform Act of 2001 (EPIRA Law) which provides for the promotion of rural electrification that would ensure quality, reliability, security and affordability of supply of electric power nationwide
o Renewable Energy Lending Program
- A program that provides financing to renewable energy/energy-efficient projects and support the national government's thrust of promoting RE development, utilization and commercialization, and accelerating investments in the energy sector
o H2OPE (Water Program for Everyone)
- A loan program that enables the Bank to capture sizeable number of qualified players in the water and sanitation industry in bringing in sustainable 24/7 piped, clean and safe water to the Filipino People.
o Solutions in Terminating Pollution (STP) for Manila Bay
- A synergistic program to help restore cleanliness of the country’s capital harbor and proper sanitation of the surrounding waterways in support of the thrusts of the Manila Bay Task Force created under Administrative Order No. 16 and mandated to enforce and take charge of overall rehabilitation and management of sustaining the Manila Bay
o Climate Safe Program (Special Adaptation Facility for the Ecosystem)
- The Program aims to provide financing to all climate change adaptation projects, including those approved in the LGU development or investment plan or Local Climate Change Action Plan. Projects or activities in the Business Continuity Plan of private sector entities are also eligible to this program.
o Carbon Finance Support Facility (LANDBANK’s Flagship Program for Climate Change Mitigation)
- The flagship program for climate change mitigation that offers financing and assistance to piggery, sanitary landfill and mini-hydro projects in order to generate carbon credits. Program of Activities (PoA) include:
1) PoA for Landfill Gas Recovery - The program encourages Local Government Units and private operators to set up sanitary landfills in compliance with RA 9003 and further promote the construction of landfill gas management facilities. In this way, the PoA will reduce GHG emission from methane compared to the emission that would have occurred in the absence of the landfill gas management facilities. Hence, additional benefits in the form of revenues from carbon credits and power generation are achieved.
2) PoA for Mini-Hydropower Plants - The program aims to displace the use of fossil-fuel based electricity generation through power generation from implementation of small-scale hydropower plants.
o Access of Small Entrepreneurs to Sound Lending Opportunities (ASENSO)
- In support of the National SME Development Plan, the government financial institutions (GFIs) collaborated to design a uniform lending program to meet the funding needs of SMEs. Under the unified lending program, the participating GFIs shall apply simplified and standardized lending procedures and guidelines (e.g., loan purpose, fee structures, interest rates, application forms, financial ratios, and other lending parameters) for evaluating the loan applications of SMEs. To adapt to the financing needs of SMEs, short-term loans payable in one year and long-term loans payable up to five years are available under the program. The unified lending scheme is in addition to the existing financial services of the participating GFIs.
o Franchising Lending Program
- The program extends credit assistance to qualified players in the franchising industry, particularly the franchisees and franchisors.
o Health-Plus Program
- A loan program which aims to provide credit assistance to government units, medical colleges/universities and private medical and health goods/services providers mandated to and engaged in the delivery of healthcare goods and services
o Innovation & Technology Lending Program (I-TECH)
- The program is LANDBANK’s support to Filipino innovation and technology sector, in partnership with the Technology Application and Promotion Institute (TAPI), by way of a credit guarantee program that funds the commercial production of patented Filipino inventions. The program is jointly funded by the LANDBANK and by the TAPI invention and Guarantee fund to finance and guarantee credit extensions to patented Filipino inventions.
o LANDBANK Go Green Inclusive Financing for SMEs and LGUs Program
- A program in support of the National Government’s National Energy Efficiency and Conservation program that enables access to financing for energy solutions/packages of private businesses and government offices
o LANDBANK-PNOC RC Go Green Program for LGUs
- A program in partnership with PNOC RC that will provide accessible financing packages for energy efficient solutions for LGUs
o LANDBANK Lending Program for Former Rebels
- A program in support of the National Government’s Enhanced Comprehensive Local Integration Program (E-CLIP) that provides credit assistance to former rebels for their small businesses and agri-enterprise projects
o Overseas Filipino Workers (OFW) Reintegration Program
- A program in partnership with the Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA) that is designed to provide credit and capacity-building support services to OFWs to encourage them to engage in sustainable business activities as alternative to overseas employment.
o Public Transport Financing Program
- Rationalization of existing lending programs that would cater to the credit requirements of the public transportation sector
o Special Package for Environment-Friendly and Efficiently-Driven Public Utility Vehicle or SPEED PUV Program
- A program launched by LANDBANK under the banner of the Public Transport Financing Program to support the government’s Public Utility Vehicle Modernization Program that aims to finance the acquisition of modern jeepneys for an adequate, effective and efficient transportation system for the convenience and safe mobility of the riding public
o Access to Academic Development to Empower Masses towards Endless Opportunities (ACADEME) Lending Program
- Supports a “study now, pay later” scheme for private academic institutions to keep students in schools. The program offers a “3-3-3” feature, with a P3 billion program fund in credit support, a low fixed interest rate of 3 percent per annum, and payable based on maturity of the sub-promissory notes but not to exceed three years.
o Interim Students’ Loans for Tuitions towards Upliftment of Education for the Development of the Youth (I-STUDY) Lending Program
- Program for parents and guardians/benefactors of students enrolled for the upcoming school year who can directly avail of loans up to P300,000.00
o Lending Program for State Universities and Colleges
- Makes credit available to qualified State Universities and Colleges (SUCs) with classification levels II, III, and IV to enable them to support infrastructure expansion and other income-generating and agri-related programs and projects
o K-12 Bridge Financing Program of LANDBANK
- LANDBANK’s bridge financing facility in support of schools participating in the Department of Education’s (DepEd’s) Senior High School Voucher Program (SHS-VP) for the implementation of the K to 12 Program
Trust Product and Services
A. Trust Arrangements
Unit Investment Trust Fund (UITF)
• LANDBANK Money Market Fund
• LANDBANK Money Market Plus Fund
• LANDBANK Bond Fund
• LANDBANK Growth Fund
• LANDBANK Equity Index Fund
• LANDBANK Global $ Fund
Personal Equity & Retirement Account – Unit Investment Trust Funds (PERA-UITFS)
• LANDBANK PERA Money Market Fund
• LANDBANK PERA Bond Fund
• LANDBANK PERA Global $ Fund
B. Institutional Trust Accounts
• Defined Benefit Retirement Plan (Gratuity Plan)
• Defined Contribution Retirement Plan (Provident Plan)
• Hybrid Retirement Plan
• Pre-Need Accounts
• Individual Trust Accounts
• Personal Management Trust (PMT)
• Personal Retirement Trust Account (PRTA)
• Life Insurance Trust
C. Other Institutional Services
• Legislated and Quasi-Judicial Trust Services
• Corporate Fiduciary Account
o Mortgage Trust Indenture (MTI)
o Facility and Loan/Paying Agency
• Escrow Agency
o POEA Escrow
o Capital Gains (BIR) Escrow
o Buy and Sell (Procurement)/Loan Releases Escrow
o Escrow Services for Funds/Assets under Dispute of Ownership
• Third Party Securities Custody and Registry Services
o Personal Equity & Retirement Account- Cash Custodianship
• Safekeeping Services
• Life Insurance Trust
D. Investment Management Services/Portfolio Management (Peso or US Dollar Denominated)
E. Special Purpose Trust
A. Government Securities (GS)
B. Corporate Securities
C. LANDBANK Issues
• PESO Long-Term Negotiable Certificates of Deposits (LTNCD)
A. Debt and Equity Underwriting
B. Financial Advisory
C. Loan Arrangement
E. Project Finance
F. Mergers and Acquisitions
ABOUT OVERSEAS FILIPINO BANK (OFBANK)
(For more information about OFBank, visit www.ofbank.com.ph)
The Overseas Filipino Bank (OFBank) is a digital-only, first branchless Philippine government bank to provide financial products and services tailored to the requirements of Overseas Filipinos. OFBank is also a wholly-owned subsidiary of Land Bank of the Philipines (LANDBANK), created in pursuant to Executive Order No. 44 signed by President Rodrigo R. Duterte in September 2017.
As a digital-only facility, OFBank utilizes the Digital Onboarding System with Artificial Intelligence (DOBSAI) to facilitate real-time account opening via the OFBank’s Mobile Banking App.
There are three types of accounts available: the OFBank Visa Debit Card for overseas Filipinos (OFs) and overseas Filipino workers (OFWs), the OFBank Visa Debit Card for beneficiaries, and the OFBank Debit Card for beneficiaries below 18 years old.
The OFBank Visa Debit Card allows cardholders to receive secure and convenient real-time fund transfers. They may also use OFBank’s mobile facility to transfer funds to the OFBank and LANDBANK accounts of their beneficiaries, free of charge.
- Phone +63 2 8-522-0000; 8-551-2200
- Fax +63 2 8-528-8580
- E-mail email@example.com